Imaginary
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence...

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence... Empty O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence...

Mensagem  LC Lithium Seg Ago 24, 2009 12:01 am

Deixo-vos alguns comentários de vários outros cantores sobre os Evanescence... este texto tem comentários das seguintes pessoas:

[b]Paul McCoy (12 Stones)
Avril Lavigne
Jonathan Davis (Korn)
Christina Aguilera
Tarja Turunen (Nightwish)
James Young (Styx)
Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)
Anders Høyvik Hidle (Tristania)
Good Charlotte
Shaun Morgan (Seether)
Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)
Marco Hietala (Nightwish)
Tommy Thayer (Kiss)
Terry Balsamo (Cold, Evanescence)
Alex Band (The Calling)
Elizabeth 'Lzzy' Hale (Halestorm)

Paul McCoy (12 Stones)

It was cool. They were really cool kids. They definitely have an amazing career ahead of them. It was really an honor to get to work with them on kind of a big, breakout record, to get a part with them on a song. I was really stoked, they were really cool.
Date 25 Feb 2008

Avril Lavigne

I’ll answer honestly, sure. I don’t have anything against her, but I think that is wrong she being judge Ben Moody only because he made the decision of leaving the band. I worked with him on my new album and he’s great, my older brother, and believe me, he suffered a lot with that too. Beside that I can say that I like very much their lyrics, because they’re different, beautiful and deep. Ah! And I think that Amy is beautiful too.
Date 25 Feb 2008

Jonathan Davis (Korn)

"Yeah, we did a couple of shows with [EVANSESCENCE] in Europe and [they] played it," he told The Blitz 99.7 FM. "It's a huge, huge thing when an artist thinks of doing a cover of one of our songs, it just blows us away, and she [EVANESCENCE singer Amy Lee] does it so beautifully. She's told me time and time again that she's a huge KORN fan. What was really cool was that in Europe, they were supposed to headline over us and she refused to do it and made us headline over them. There's a just a lot of respect there. I think she's a great girl and I love that cover — it came out beautifully. The way I hear things in my head sometimes, the more [time I spend] in a heavy band, I'm more about melody and shit like that, so… when I heard [EVANESCENCE's version of 'Thoughtless'], it was really cool. The melodies really pop out.'"
Date 25 Feb 2008

Christina Aguilera

"I read somewhere that that Evanescence chick [singer Amy Lee] said 'Christina says she's promoting feminism, but sticking up for females is the opposite of what she's doing'. It's like, first of all, from what standpoint or veiwpoint, you know? And second, just because I don't like to wear dark, covered-up things all the time..." She trails off laughing "That's just not me. You be a woman in your veiwpoint,and I'll be a woman in mine."
Date 25 Feb 2008

Tarja Turunen (Nightwish)

Some of the people who probably discovered Nightwish a couple of months ago, compare you a lot to Evanesence, which has pissed off a lot of your fans. They even compared the cover artwork of "Once" to that of an Evanesence single…

It was not meant to be like that, it did not have anything to do with Evanesence’s cover. We just realized that afterwards, you know. Hey if people think that this is similar, so let them think. It has nothing to do with that really. I can also mention that when Tuomas heard Evanesence’s music for the first time, he was completely pissed off. He was pissed off by the fact that it’s a totally different style (that of Evanesence) and because they had a woman singing and because it had a little bit of metal inside it…but it’s a totally different style and kind of music. People tend to compare our music to Evanesence and it’s very funny because there are not that many elements there that we have in common. [laughs]

I’ve even heard journalists even say that you’ve copied Evanesence and I was like “what the hell are you guys talking about?”…

Yeah, sure, sure…we’ve been around six years more than they have! [laughs] That was very funny of them to say.

Source: http://www.metal-temple.com/
Date 25 Feb 2008

James Young (Styx)

Question: I know you tour regularly with REO Speedwagon, but if you could tour with one band who would it be?

Answer: Evanescence is a band that sounds a lot like Styx. They do a lot the things that made us successful — harmony vocals with heavy guitar underpinnings. They sold four million records, but like us, don't get critical praise. When Creed was together, I thought they had a sense of melody, but the power of guitars were still there. There's two for you.
Date 25 Feb 2008

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

Last time I went on your website and on your forum, I saw terrible fights between your fans and Evanescence's. How do you manage this problem?
(Really laughing) I laugh about it! I think it's totally stupid. Sometimes people's life is so empty that they have to fill it with this bullshit. I mean, I don't want even think about it, to lose some minutes of my day to write stupid stuff. I think it's really funny to look at it because first of all, I don't see the reason. We belong to 2 different worlds; they are under a major, we are under an independent. We have 2 singers, they have only one singer. The approach is totally different. The music is totally different. I don't know why they just started this. If you go to America, of course they know better Evanescence, so they say that we are cloning them. In Europe it's the opposite.
I actually read some interviews of Amy Lee in Europe and she was really pissed off. She was saying a lot of bullshit about us, probably because she's been answered so many times. But what about Lacuna Coil? Because people noticed similarities but we've been doing music since 1996!! So nobody can say that we copy them at all!

Amy Lee said bad things about Lacuna Coil?
Yes, really bad things. This is something I totally don't understand. She's in the position that she sold millions of copies, so she doesn't really need to care about a small band compared to hers.

Source: http://www.ladiesofmetal.com/
Date 25 Feb 2008

Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)

“Here’s the fucking deal, okay, this is the deal, last night we played a gig, and we were doin’ breakout, & I was thinking Ev was supposed to play the gig with us, but they had to cancel, alright it’s a drag, it’s a drag, now, initially I thought it was SARS, but I wasn’t sure, I’d been informed these people were in quarantine & it was all cool, evidently it’s Monkey Pox, It’s Monkey Pox, it’s a band that travels with prairie dogs & they fucking got the monkey pox & they couldn’t make it to the Weenie Roast, so last night I dedicated the song ’Breakout’ to the Evanescence kids because of the SARS, but I was sorely, I was mistaken, it’s the fucking monkey pox, so what better song to fucking let ‘em know that we wish they were here then with this song that’s called, get ready here it comes, get my shit ready, “You make me break out…”

Source: http://www.evanescence.it/
Thanks to: Michael
Date 25 Feb 2008

Anders Høyvik Hidle (Tristania)

Rockdetector: "Ashes" is being launched at a time when the NIGHTWISH / EVANESCENCE / LACUNA COIL factor is very high. Do you have any concerns about that?

Anders: "Personally, I don't. TRISTANIA sounds nothing like those bands at all. We have our own style. I don't have a problem with it at all, though. I know some people do have problems with more commercial bands, just because of their success, I guess. I see no point in being disrespectful of someone's music because they do something different to you. We toured with NIGHTWISH and for us it was great because it opened doors and gave us new fans certainly. I see the things in the magazines and TV about EVANESCENCE and NIGHTWISH and I think it's great."
Date 25 Feb 2008

Good Charlotte

Benji: Amy Lee had to hire a stunt double for all of the falling that had to be shot, but the double hurt herself on the first take. So what they did is they hired Joel. That's actually Joel there wearing that dress falling from that building. No, I'm kidding, it was actually Amy Lee herself.

Benji: Evanescence at number ten today with “Bring me To Life.” Every morning I hear Joel singing that: “wake me up inside.”

Joel: No, you sing “wake me up inside” and I go “I cant wake up.”

Benji:"its nice to see some rock on the countdown..evanescence did some radio shows with us...good band.."

Joel:"i think id look better than amy lee in a dress, jkjk, amy lees hott"
Date 25 Feb 2008
LC Lithium
LC Lithium
Administrador
Administrador

https://www.youtube.com/lclithium

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence... Empty Re: O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence...

Mensagem  LC Lithium Seg Ago 24, 2009 12:02 am

(continuação)

Shaun Morgan (Seether)

Examiner: Has the label wanted you to work with Amy again because that collaboration was so successful for them?

Morgan: I don't think we would work together again, not while Seether and Evanescence are two separate entities. At this point, the label understands how I feel about that and wouldn't force the issue, and they could very easily. They have more respect for us as people than that and that's great.

Source: http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2005/05/24/feat
Date 25 Feb 2008

Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead)

MOTORHEAD singer LEMMY KILMISTER fears hordes of talented bands will remain unsigned because record companies aren't spending enough time hunting for new artists.

Rocker Lemmy is furious that many of the groups he's witnessed live - and deems worthy of international stardom - can't afford to make demo albums and music videos.

So he's urging music bosses to discover more top acts - and give them the financial backing they need to make an album.

Lemmy tells Britain's MAXIM magazine, "I've seen lots of great bands. FU MANCHU, SPEED DEALER, CLASS OF ZERO. And EVANESCENCE - I thought that was a tremendous f**king album.

"We tour all the time, and we see a lot of good stuff. You've just got to get out there and find it. People should get off there a*s more often and not be so blase, for f**k's sake."

Source: http://www.maximonline.com/
Date 25 Feb 2008

Marco Hietala (Nightwish)

Antenna: Do you think that the success of similar bands like EVANESCENCE and WITHIN TEMPTATION have had an effect on the recent success of NIGHTWISH? A sort of wave?

Marco Hietala: "I don't know. EVANESCENCE is big, of course, selling millions and millions of albums, so that might have boosted the whole concept of female-fronted metal groups to a certain degree, but I guess the main reason for this band's success is the hard work that has been done in the years before. That is a very big part that one shouldn't forget about."

Antenna: Are you a fan of any of these other bands?

Marco Hietala: "Well, certain songs. I have heard the albums from both of the bands. I do like some of the stuff but not everything. That's just the way it is. Usually there is hardly any bands out there these days, of whom I manage to listen to their entire album. I'm maybe too picky about my music..."

Source: http://www.antenna.nu/

Date 25 Feb 2008

Tommy Thayer (Kiss)

Inside_Out666: Are you currently listening to any of the newer bands if so who?
Tommy Thayer: "JET, THE USED, ADEMA, PACIFIER, THE DARKNESS, PUDDLE OF MUDD and EVANESCENCE."

Source: Cameron Edney - Yahoo! Group Inside_Out666

Date 25 Feb 2008

Terry Balsamo (Cold, Evanescence)

I know i never have posted but its just that i am a dip shit when it comes 2 computers and i finally got one. But i have always even when i was in cold and now checked out what was going with the board and seeing what everyone had going on. Obviously i see that everyone has good feelings, mixed feelings, and some shity ones about the way things have turned out. But i just saw the posts that are up and i really felt like it was time 4 me to come say hi and let you know how much i appreciate everyway you guys have supported me in cold and some of you now!!!!!! Even you haters(i know your around) thanks 4 the support you gave me when i was in cold. If you really think that i would leave something that i worked so hard 4 and loved more than life itself with what jerm, scooter,sam,kelly,and myself believed in to join a bigger band , you just really dont know me and it really just does nothing but make me stronger and give me alot of good laughs, ev. was not the 1st bigger band that offerd me another gig. So you haters, keep up the good work cause i love reading your funny shit!! The music i wrote with cold will always be such a big part of my life 4 ever and ever! Alot of things happen on the inside with bands that fans just dont know about. Things got crazy towards the end and it was just time to move on. Cold will always be one of the most important times in my life! I would be a liar if i said i dont miss it even with all the bullshit towards the end that went down. But you never no because things sometimes happen 4 the better because i would be lying again if i said i dont love what i am doing now. I am looking foward to the new cold record just as much as the rest of you because god himself knows that music really sucks so bad right now and we need some good shit to listen to and i think the guys will not dissapoint us(hurry up fuckers). And 4 those of you giving scooter and the band shit 4 the whole eddie thing going down, no disrespect to eddie but being apart of cold like i was, i dont think he is the guy 4 cold and they will be just fine. After all, the guy went around saying how better he was then me when all he was doing was playing my shit.(they will be just fine with matt) But i want you all to no that you all will always be apart of my life! Leaving cold probably was one of the most difficult decisions i have ever made, but i did it and i cant look back now. I really do think good things can come out of this. Cold we know will put out an amazing record,and the stuff me and amy have started is so fun for me because it is alot of stuff i have never done before. Im really excited about our new shit even if you dont give a shit, this is my life and im very happy. Alot of you dipshits need to get off the amy drama because she has sold alot of records as we all know on the last record but trust me when i tell you that is far from anything she cares about. She has more passion 4 just the music part of it then anyone i know. I dont want to turn this into a evanescence topic but there has been so much shit about it on here. When this whole shit about her saying something about scooter it was far from any disrespect. She was actually one person that believed in cold because if you remember the last cold tour with me and kelly was with ev.. And by the way if you saw the billboard awards last night , it was a disaster, our keyboard tech for amy had the keyboard set a whole step out of key from what the guitars were in tune to, it was actually kind of funny because it reminded me of some shit that would happen while i was in cold. Anyways, i hope everybody can just move on and be happy because i am very happy with the music im doing now and i think colds next record will be amazing , we cant do nothing but move on and drop all the bullshit!! I will always be apart of this and love it. But please know i would never take 4 granted how great you guys are and back up cold now and then! Terry P.S.- Long live Dimebag Darrell

Source: http://www.coldonline.com/

Date 25 Feb 2008

Alex Band (The Calling)

She's great, she's got an amazing voice, I like them..

Source: http://www.evanescence.it/
Thanks to: **DaRk_AnGeL**
Date 25 Feb 2008

Elizabeth 'Lzzy' Hale (Halestorm)

Halestorm frontwoman Elizabeth "Lzzy" Hale called the Coast Press from a tour stop in Flint, Mich., where she and her bandmates were opening for Seether.
She said the recent multi-platinum success of Evanescence (featuring vocalist Amy Lee) has made things easier for similar up-and-comers. "Amy Lee is the first female to be supported by rock radio in a long time," Hale said. "I think she's opening the doors for people like me." (...)

------------------------------------------------

La cantante degli Halestorm Elizabeth 'Lzzy' Hale (la sua band sta aprendo in questi giorni il tour dei Seether) ha dichiarato che il recente successo degli Evanescence (che hanno come vocalist Amy Lee) ha reso le cose molto più facili per nuove sinili bands. 'Amy Lee è stata la prima donna ad essere trasmessa dalle stazioni radio rock. Credo che stia aprendo le porte a gente come me'.
LC Lithium
LC Lithium
Administrador
Administrador

O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence... Empty Re: O que eles dizem sobre os Evanescence...

Mensagem  Marco Qua Ago 26, 2009 4:49 am

Ja estive a ler alguns, mas aquilo que a Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) disse é verdade ?

(...)She was saying a lot of bullshit about us,(...)
cyclops
Marco
Marco
Understanding
Understanding

Mensagem  LC Lithium Sex Set 04, 2009 8:43 pm

Só pus isso aqui porque encontrei no Evanescencewebsite e achei que era uma lista bastante boa e interessante...

Quanto ao que a Amy possa ter dito, não me parece que seja algo de importante, provavelmente é mais coisas daqueles fãs que assim que conhecem Evanescence acham que todas as bandas com vocalista feminina são imitações...
LC Lithium
LC Lithium
Administrador
Administrador

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo